Long Island Local Apple Picking
Kick off apple picking season at Harbes Orchard Apple Festival 9/8 & 9/9
There’s so much to be excited about this time of year, whether it’s the beautiful fall foliage, crisp air, local festivals, apple picking, hayrides and not to mention my personal favorites- spiced lattes and cashmere sweaters.
Many people have been discussing where to go apple picking this weekend, so I have complied a few names/places that are in the Five Harbors and beyond! Whether you’re looking to pick you-own apples, pick up a bag or simply get a fresh and delicious apple pie, we are ‘lucky’ to have many options!
Huntington/Five Harbors Area
- Richters Orchard
- Pulski Road, Northport, NY 11768
- Tel: 631-261-1980
- Apples, Pears (peaches when in season) and cider. Go to the barn to make your selection.
- Kerber’s Farm
- 309 West Pulaski Road, Huntington, NY 11743
- Originally founded in 1941 and recently restored in 2014, there is a unique selection of homemade jams and preserves, homemade pies and cookies, perfect for this time of year
photo courtesy of Jericho Cider Mill
- Jericho Cider Mill
- 213 Jericho Oyster Bay Road, Jericho, NY 11753
- Apple Cider, fresh pies and more! Buying fresh cider at the Jericho Cider Mill has been a tradition through the long autumn and winter months for over 150 years. Try Oyster Bay Hard Apple Cider too.
- Seven Ponds Orchard
- 67 Seven Ponds Road, Watermill
- Tel: 631-726-8015
- Apple picking
- Windy Acres
- 3010 Middle Country Road, Calverton
- Apple picking
- Hank’s Pumpkin Town
- 240 Montauk Highway, Watermill
- Apple picking, apple pie, candy apples, caramel apples, apple cider slushies, apple caramel bread and apple cider donut.
photo courtesy of Woodside Apple Orchard
- Harbes Orchard (photo in header courtesy of Harbes Orchard)
- 5698 Sound Avenue, Riverhead
- Tel: 631-369-1111
- Apple picking and more
- Woodside Orchards
- Two locations: Aquebogue, Main Road Route 25A and Jamesport, Manor Lane
- Tel: 631-722-5770
- Apple Picking, apple cider donuts, hard cider and more!
- Wickham Fruit Farm
- 28700 Route 25, Cutchogue, NY 11935
- Tel: 631-734-6441
- Apple Picking, cider donuts, breads, jams, pumpkins and more.
Stay a While: