Lucky To Have Farmers Markets & Farm Stands on Long Island!
Fruits, Veggies & More... Oh My!
Are you really from Long Island if you've never been to a farm stand? We are lucky to live in a location that has farm fresh produce just minutes from your home. Stop at a farm stand to pick up seasonal veggies and fruits as well as delicious prepared goods like pickles, pies and cookies. Farmer's Markets are another great way of finding produce as well as artisan items like bread, candles and more.
Here are some great options on Long Island whether you are interested in a quick trip or a weekend drive.
Check out local CSA's for year long delicious produce
Facts about CSA:
- CSA- stands for Community Sponsored Agriculture
- Long Island has at least 15 CSA's including Restoration Farm located in Old Bethpage
- CSA's may deliver or you can pick up your produce at their location or a farmers market that they are participating in
Scroll for a selection LI CSA's in the Huntington area
Winter Farmer's Markets
Long Island CSA Fair - 2023
When: March 5th
Where: Sister of St. Joseph in Brentwood
What: Over 20 farms from across LI will present their CSA programs
Winter Farmer's Markets/Pop-Ups
- Blue Point - year round
- The Garden Farmers Market of LI
- Day/Time: Saturday & Sunday 10am-2pm
- 71 Maple Street, Blue Point
- Huntington - till 3/26/23
- Huntington Winter's Farmer's Market
- Day/Time: Sundays- 9Am-1Pm
- Location: 423 Park Ave, Huntington, NY
- Huntington - year round
- Rexer Family Farm
- Day/Time: Thursday & Friday (12-5) Sat & Sun (9-5)
- 1028 Park Ave, Huntington, NY
- An indoor farmstand/store open all year
- Old Bethpage
- Restoration Farm Farm Stand
- Day./Time: select dates and times
- 140 Bethpage-Sweet Hollow Road, Old Bethpage, NY
- Winter dates will feature storage crops.
- Port Jefferson - till 4/30/23
- Port Jefferson Farmers Market
- Day/Time: Sunday's- 10Am- 2Pm
- Location: Port Jefferson Village Center
- Riverhead Farmers Market- till 4/29/23
- Riverhead Farmers Market
- Day/Time: Saturdays from 9:00-1:00
- Location: 139 Main Road, Riverhead, NY
- Shop Online Too @ the Virtual Farmers Market
- Glen Cove
- Glen Clove Farmers Markets
- Day/Time: Saturdays- 10Am-2Pm
- Location: Great Neck House
- Great Neck
- Great Neck Farmers Markets
- Day/Time: Sundays- 10Am-2Pm
- Location: St. Paul Episcopal Church
Long Island CSA's in the Huntington Area
HOMECOMING FARM - provides certified organic produce to a number of different outlets on Long Island including their CSA members, the Motherhouse of the Sisters of St. Dominic, and The Interfaith Nutrition Network (The INN)
ORKESTAI FARM - certified organic vegetable farm growing for a Community Supported Agriculture, Farmer’s Markets, Restaurants, Donation and others interested in local, delicious and healthy produce.
RESTORATION FARM - The seven-acre farm is leased from Nassau County at the Old Bethpage Village Restoration and committed to sustainable agriculture.
ELIJA FARM CSA - non-profit farm committed to using environmentally responsible practices to raise high quality sustainably grown produce.
REXER FAMILY FARM - you can order to pickup farm baskets of seasonal produce and can even add on fresh eggs.
Check back Spring 2023 for
Summer/Fall Farmer's Markets updates
Summer/Fall Farmers Markets / Pop- Ups
BABYLON FARMERS MARKET Babylon LIRR Parking Lot- Sundays
Glen Cove & Great Neck
DEEP ROOTS FARMERS MARKET Saturdays in Glen Cove & Sundays in Great Neck
HUNTINGTON VILLAGE 228 Main St, Huntington - Sundays
NORTHPORT FARMER'S MARKET visit this popular spot in June. Situated adjacent to Northport Harbor, you can have a picturesque morning of shopping.
OYSTER BAY MARKET the open-air market brings fresh local farm produce, local artisans, bakers and local businesses together in downtown Oyster Bay every other Sunday. Check link for specific dates.
PORT JEFF FARMER'S MARKET is diverse selection of fruits, vegetables, corn, tomatoes, and much, much more! Favorites Blue Duck Bakery and Bambino Raviolis are vendors who frequent!
BAYVIEW FARM & MARKET- let Popeye guide you in to this fun extensive location with fruits, veggies and flowers ready for purchase.
DELEA FARMSTAND - local produce and goods and beautiful flowers right off Elwood Road.
ANN MARIE'S FARMSTAND- Fresh organic fruits and vegetables, annual and perennial plants, homemade fruits pies and fruit salads.
CARLSON'S FARMSTAND- enjoy local produce and goods including honey at this convenient spot right off Elwood road.
JOHN GARDINER FARM- stands on the historic Gardiner Farm, part of the Greenlawn-Centerport Historical Association, serves up fresh local vegetables for purchase at the farm daily.
REXER FAMILY FARM - grows specialty crops all year long. Visit for farm fresh produce using organic farming methods, drip coffee, baked goods and home goods.
YOUNGS FARM - Shop in store or call for curbside pickup and delivery. Fresh produce, veggies, flowers, baked goods, and more. Check their website for details.
Farm Stands cont'd
BREEZE HILL FARM - offers up pretty deluxe farm stand options including fresh made cider donuts and coffee, as well as seasonal fruits and veggies. In the Fall make this one of your go-to stops for Apples.
KRUPSKI FARMS- while famous for their fall crops of pumpkins and corn, you can stop here for seasonal crops throughout the summer.
SANG LEE FARMS- organic market and CSA is also featured at various farmers markets.
GARDEN OF EVE- organic farm and CSA sells organic produce, plants and herbs and more!