Spooky Halloween Fun on Long Island
Halloween is creeping up, so check out our blog for fun and scary things to do in the Huntington/Five Harbors area and beyond. We hope you visit and experience some favorites as well as some new things. Check out our Long Island Fall Fun Guide: Festivals, Pumpkins, Hay Rides, Mazes & More! Have a fun, delicious and safe holiday!
Fun Halloween Events
- Cold Spring Harbor Witches Week
- 10/27-10/30- CSH Witches Night Out has been cancelled for 2020 so we created a safe alternative. Bring your mask and broom for 4 days of sales, a witch scavenger hunt and a chance to win a raffle for every $25 you spend.
- Cold Spring Harbor Whaling Museum
- 10/17 & 10/24- Harbor Haunts Tour- Explore Cold Spring Harbor’s ghostly side with fascinating tales of mishaps and historic hauntings on Main Street.
- Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery
- 10/24- Haunted Hatchery- receive a sweet treat as you trick-or-treat your way though the Hatchery & Aquarium. Games, fun & Halloween crafts
- Hicks Nursery- Visit with Otto The Ghost and more
- Long Island Maritime Museum- Annual Halloween Boat Burning 10/23
- Old Bethpage Village: The Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze
- Stony Brook Village- 30th Annual Scarecrow Competition
- Three Village Historical Society- 26th Annual Spirits Tour-10/17
- Riverhead- Check out all the festive events!
Drive-in/Outdoor Festive Movies
- Vanderbilt Museum & Planetarium
- 10/2- Hocus Pocus (2 showings)
- 10/3 - The Nightmare Before Christmas (2 showings)
- 10/9- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 6:30-8:30
- 10/9- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 9:00-11:00
- 10/10- Beetlejuice
- 10/11- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 6:30-8:30
- 10/11- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 9:00-11:00
- 10/24- Ghostbusters
- 10/24- Scream
- 10/30- The Addams Family
- 10/30- Friday the 13th
- 10/31- Hocus Pocus
- 10/31- Halloween
- Adventureland- Nightmare at the Movies- 7pm Family Friendly Movies & 10pm for Adult Audiences- drive-in package includes chicken dinner, Adventureland Arcade Player cars and more.
- 9/25- 7pm= Hocus Pocus, 10pm= Nightmare on Elm Street
- Other Dates/Movies TBD
- Smith Haven Mall/ Movie Lot Drive In
- 9/26- Batman (1989 & 1966 versions)
- The Gateway
- 9/20- Scream
- 9/27- Halloween
- Movies By Moonlight- Halloween Edition
- 10/10- Harry Tappen Beach/Glenwood Landing- The Addams Family
- 10/16- Ellsworth W. Allen Town Park/Farmingdale- Beetlejuice
- 10/24- Ellsworth W. Allen Town Park/Farmingdale-Nightmare Before Christmas
- Bellport- Brigand's Run- outdoor walk-thru experience
- Brookhaven- Carman's River Canoe & Kayak II- 10/31- Haunted Canoe Trip
- Centerport-Vanderbilt Museum & Planetarium
- 10/15- Night at the Vanderbilt: A Wicked Walk
- 10/16- Night at the Vanderbilt: A Wicked Walk
- 10/17- Lights On: Daytime Wicked Walk
- 10/17- Night at the Vanderbilt: A Wicked Walk
- 10/18- Lights On: Daytime Wicked Walk
- Cutchogue- Krupski Farm- Haunted Corn Maze
- Huntington- Main Street Nursery - fun for the kids in the hay maze and boo zoo.
- Huntington- Oakwood Road Nursery- features a fun maze for little ones and you can pick up your seasonal plants.
- Melville- Schmitt Farms Haunted Corn Trail
- Rockville Centre- Center for Science Teaching & Learning- Spooky Fest, Not-So-Spooky Walk & Scary Walk!
Haunted Houses & Drive-Thru Experiences
- Bayville- Bayville Scream Park is a blast although quite scary and not recommended for children under 10. Younger children can enjoy "Not so Scary" days on Saturday and Sundays till 6pm.
- Bellport- Gateway's Haunted Playhouse
- Copiague- Johnnie's Car Wash on Oak- "Tunnel of Terror"- Drive- Thru Experience
- East Meadow- Stew Leonard's Halloween Drive-Thru Experience
- Farmingdale- Stew Leonard's Halloween Drive-Thru Experience
- Hauppauge- Chambers of Hell
- Melville- Schmitt Farms Haunted Mansion
- NEW 2020- Yaphank- Forgotten Road - A DRIVE-THRU Experience!