Spring & Summer Hikes, Runs & Walks On Long Island
Long Island is the home to so many varieties of recreation with numerous trails, parks and water bodies. Check out the locations below for outdoor enjoyment and some events which benefit health as well as different causes.
* confirm with event coordinator about dates, times and registration details
Parks & Trails on
- Town of Huntington has 45 trails to experience- check out the location of each and the difficulty.
- Town of Huntington has various parks and beaches
- NYS has 27 state park lands on Long Island that you can explore including Jones Beach, Caleb Smith and Heckscher State Park.
- There are 2 National Park lands on Long Island- Fire Island & Sagamore Hill!
- There are several Suffolk County parks to explore --- some allow for hiking.
- Nassau County has both active and passive parks as well as preserves to visit
Runs & Fun Runs
5/28- Northport- 'I Did The Grid' 4 Mile Run/Walk & Fun Run - Virtual Option as well (5/18-6/14)
Kayaking/Stand Up Paddling
Dates Throughout the Summer: JK Kayak & SUP has various tours in Cold Spring Harbor & Huntington by kayak and by sup. For Info & Registration
Dates Throughout the Summer: Huntington SUP offers intro classes, group tours, paddle fit and even SUP yoga. For Info & Registration
Northshore Land Alliance- Kayaking tours
Other Exciting Tours
Summer 2022- Huntington Lighthouse Tours- take a short boat ride out to the Lighthouse where you will receive a guided/educational tour and the opportunity to see the Lighthouse and harbor from a whole new perspective.