Spring & Summer Hikes, Runs & Walks On Long Island
Long Island is the home to so many varieties of recreation with numerous trails, parks and water bodies. Check out the locations below for outdoor enjoyment and some events which benefit health as well as different causes.
* confirm with event coordinator about dates, times and registration details
Parks & Trails on
- Town of Huntington has 45 trails to experience- check out the location of each and the difficulty.
- Town of Huntington has various parks and beaches
- NYS has 27 state park lands on Long Island that you can explore including Jones Beach, Caleb Smith and Heckscher State Park.
- There are 2 National Park lands on Long Island- Fire Island & Sagamore Hill!
- There are several Suffolk County parks to explore --- some allow for hiking.
- Nassau County has both active and passive parks as well as preserves to visit
Spring & Summer 2023- Caumsett State Historic Park- NYS sponsored hikes are given throughout the Spring & Summer. For Info & Registration.
Runs & Fun Runs
April 22nd - Alec's Run- bring awareness to the dangers vehicles pose to young children
April 30th- Huntington- YMCA 5K in Memory of Marcie Mazzola
May 13th- Visiting Nurse Service- Virtual 5K Run/Walk/Bike for the Health Of It to benefit Hospice Health
May 20th- Syosset/Woodbury- The MACHO Trail Run- 5K trail run. For Info & Registration
Triathlon's & Relays
TBD- Northport- Town of Huntington Triathlon
August 27th - Oyster Bay- Runner's Edge TOBAY Triathlon & Relay
Kayaking/Stand Up Paddling
Dates Throughout the Summer: JK Kayak & SUP has various tours in Cold Spring Harbor & Huntington by kayak and by sup. For Info & Registration
Northshore Land Alliance- Kayaking tours
Group Walks & Walking Tours
Caumsett Foundation: Tours of various parts of the property
Other Exciting Tours
Summer 2023- Huntington Historical Society- Tours of the Van-Wyck Lefferts Tide Mill, Pub Crawls & other historical tours. Call Huntington Historical Society for more info.
Summer 2023- Huntington Lighthouse Tours- take a short boat ride out to the Lighthouse where you will receive a guided/educational tour and the opportunity to see the Lighthouse and harbor from a whole new perspective.