Northport is one of our favorite places that makes us feel lucky to live here. This quintessential coastal town can be enjoyed in so many ways. From great restaurants to "Broadway" plays to strolling Main Street to the beautiful waterfront park with dock, playground, bandshell, Farmer's Market and so much more!
1. Summer Concerts - there are numerous concerts throughout the summer in the Northport Village Park gazebo. Grab a blanket or chair, set up, and enjoy. The Northport Arts Coalition sponsors the Musical Happenings on Main Street which includes a variety of music genres including folk, blues, country, & ska every Friday through September. Community Band Concerts happen weekly on Thursdays in July. And in August, the Northport Chamber of Commerce sponsors the Summer fest Concerts which are every Thursday evening.
photo courtesy of Northport Arts Coalition- Live Art Fusion
2. Summer Art Festivals- The Northport Arts Coalition organizes several art festivals throughout the year including the Saturday Art in the Park Festival (typically in July) and the Northport Live Art Fusion and Music Event. The Northport Live Art Fusion and Music Event includes art vendors, live bands and drum circle all while artists are painting in the park.
photo by Elena D'Agostino
3. Enjoy a sunset at the Waterfront Park & Playgrounds.
4. Treat yourself to Ices & Ice Creams - Main Street has three incredible ice cream shops; Northport Sweet Shop Luncheonette, Lic's Ice Cream, & Rocking Horse Ices and Maggie Moo's Ice Cream Treatery. Take a tour off Main Street and find Sweet Annabelle's vegan, dairy free ice cream or head to Crab Meadow Beach's La Casa Cafe and grab an ice outside - cannoli, rainbow and birthday cake are always favorites!
photo of Northport Family Fun Nights
5. Northport Harbor Family Nights - Tuesdays in July & August (7/19/16, 7/26/16, 8/2/16, & 8/9/16). On Family Nights, Main Street is closed from Gunther's to Skippers so no vehicles can enter. There is live music, outdoor dining, sidewalk sales, antique cars and some times characters visit from the Paramount. For more information call the Northport Chamber of Commerce at 631.754.3905 for more information.
6. Don't miss "Broadway" on Main Street at the John W. Engeman Theater - July 21st kicks off the 10th season with "Mamma Mia!"
7. Farmers' Market on Saturdays on the waterfront are the perfect opportunity do some shopping while taking in amazing water views of the picturesque harbor.
8. Dining out - check out these recommendations - we have been to them all :)
9. Spend a day at the beach at one of these Town Of Huntington treasures - Hobarts, Asharoken and Crab Meadow