Top 7 Reasons to Hire a Human Resource Consultant
Joyce Mennella, Mary Simmons, Elena D'Agostino
As co-owners of Lucky To Live Here Realty, we are true believers in leaving it to to the professionals. Just like there are so many facets of selling and buying a home, there are numerous aspects to owning and running a business. We are a boutique real estate brokerage and in addition to our agents who are independent contractors, we have a staff of 4 employees.
You would think what’s the need for HR for a company of this size, but we have quickly learned hiring Mary Simmons of Portnoy, Messinger, Pearl & Associates as our Human Resource consultant has been worth its weight in gold. Operating our business according to legalities and ensuring that we create an environment of mutual respect is of utmost importance to us. In addition, Mary's expertise in instituting policies and procedures has been instrumental to having a clear and concise understanding of job roles.
As with hiring a real estate professional, it is important to base your decision on not only the company’s reputation but the individual’s knowledge, experience and dedication. Mary has exceeded our expectations on all levels. She offers expert knowledge coupled with extensive experience and a passion for ensuring that all our needs are met. She is extremely quick to respond and provides the highest level of client service. We highly recommend Mary Simmons as a trusted advisor and valuable resource for all organizations regardless of size.
Top 7 reasons to hire a Human Resource Consultant:
1. Create company policies and procedures
2. Create an employee handbook to comply with state and federal laws and define company culture
3. Write employment ads and determine best venues for posting.
4. Interview prospective employees
5. Educate and keep up to date on HR rules, regulations and legislation
6. Help define job roles and evaluate employee performance
7. Increase productivity, engagement and morale of employees