Important & Emergency Numbers For The Cold Spring Harbor, Huntington, Lloyd Harbor, Centerport, Northport Area
Though we hope we never have to use them, it's always helpful to have those emergency phone numbers and websites on hand just in case. Here is a list of important numbers which might come in handy during bad weather in the Huntington / Five Harbors Area.
picture taken from video by Meagan Brognowski
Emergency Dial 911
This is when police or other emergency help is needed
Non-emergencies requiring police response:
24 Hr Emergency Contact Phone Number
Office of Emergency Management
Huntington Highway Department
Highway Hotline: 631-499-0444
Suffolk County Parks Police Non-Emergency
Suffolk County Sheriff Emergencies:
2-1-1 Long Island
2-1-1 Long Island connects people to local health and human service and programs.
Dial 2-1-1 or call-free 1-888-774-7633 https://www.211longisland.org
- Cablevision: Huntington, Oyster Bay: 516-364-8400
- PSEG LONG ISLAND (to report or find out about electrical outages and to report downed power lines) 1-800-490-0075
Web Page: https://www.psegliny.com/page.cfm/CustomerService/ReportOutage
- National Grid (gas emergency) 1-800-490-0045
Web Page: https://www1.nationalgridus.com/NewYork
- Suffolk County Water Authority (24 hour repair) 631-665-0663
Suffolk County Water Authority 631-698-9500
- Verizon 1-877-773-8399 fios.verizon.com
- Long Island Rail Road 516-931-9213
- MTA Long Island Bus 516-228-4000
- Suffolk County Transit Information Services M-F 8:00 am to 4:30 pm 631-852-5200
Suffolk County Accessible Transportation (SCAT) Services 631-738-1150
Operating since 1994, Suffolk County Accessible Transportation (SCAT) provides curb-to-curb service to individuals with disabilities.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency 800-621-3362
- NY State Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services 518-292-2200 ( 24 Hrs)
- Suffolk County Office of Emergency Management 631-852-4900
- Red Cross (24 hour) 1-877-733-2767 https://www.redcross.org/ny/mineola/about-us/contact-us
- Salvation Army 631-654-9380
Poison and Drug Center, including poisonous plants ( 24 hours)
- Poison Control 800-222-1221
- Suffolk County Health Dept. 631-854-0000
Emergencies after 5:00 PM & Weekends 631-852-4820
- Public Health Hotline 631-787-2200
- Suffolk County Public Works 631-852-4010
- Suffolk County Office of the Aging 631-853-8200
- If you are homeless and in need of shelter - Please call the Suffolk County Department of Social Services 8am-4pm - Monday to Friday – Please call the SC DSS Temporary Housing Assistance Unit at, (631) 854 9517.
After 4:30pm, Weekends & Holidays - Please call the SC DSS Emergency Services Unit at, (631)854-9100.
Heating Emergencies (Fuel & Repair):
- If you are out of home heating fuel or in need of an emergency burner repair Please call the Suffolk County Department of Social Services. 8am-4pm - Monday to Friday – Please call the SC DSS Home Energy Assistance Program at, (631) 853-8820.
After 4:30pm, Weekends & Holidays Please call the SC DSS Emergency Services Unit, at (631)854-9100.
- NYS Dept. of Insurance 800-342-3736
- NYS Dept. of Transportation 631-904-3050
- NYS Police 631-756-3300