Celebrate Chinese New Year on Long Island
Chinese New Year is on Saturday, January 25th, 2020!
Celebrate the Year of the Rat on Long Island in Huntington Township and Beyond to Queens (We even have your NYC go-tos) with great events and delicious spots.
1/19 Jericho Public Library: In full traditional Chinese costumes, this performance by the Chinese Cultural Center introduces the audience to Chinese culture. The diversity of dance selections, authentic costumes, music, props and narration illustrate and explain traits, customs and patterns of Chinese life. Tickets required for non-members
1/17-2/16 Flushing Town Hall- Lunar New Year Exhibition : Celebrating the Lunar New Year with the community, Flushing Town Hall presents “A Good Beginning, Here” a cross-cultural exhibition that illuminates 8 diaspora artists who can trace their roots back in China, Korea, Japan, and Taiwan. Their works embody unique life stories and ideas rooted in the East and evolved in the West.
- 1/18- Oculus- Paper Workshop
- 1/20- Oculus- Chinese Music Concert & Workshop
- 1/22- Oculus- Chinese Business Etiquette Seminar
- 1/23-2/29- China Institute: The Art of Chinese New Year
- 1/26- Lincoln Center: The Sound of Spring
- 1/27- Oculus-Fashion Panel & Showcase
- 1/30- Oculus- Chinese Culture & Holiday Seminar
- 2/1- The MET- Chinese Story Time & Lantern Making
- 2/1- Madison Avenue- Lunar New Year Festival
- 2/2- China Institute- Annual Family Festival
- 2/3- China Institute New Year Gala
1/25 Museum of the City of New Year: Lunar New Year Celebration- Special guest author Michele Wong McSween will read her new book Gordon and Li Li Celebrate Chinese New Year. Afterward, she will lead a Mandarin lesson, followed by an art-making workshop to celebrate the year of the Rat. A traditional snack will be provided.
2/1 MOCA: Lunar New Year Family Festival- morning & afternoon session- Enjoy zodiac arts & crafts, lively dance performances, festive snacks, and timeless tales inspired by Chinese and Chinese American New Year’s traditions.