Saturday, April 22, 2017
Happy Earth Day! What will you do to celebrate? Hope our ideas will not only be helpful for today, but that you will always keep them in mind to enjoy and support. It is because of places like this that make us Lucky To Live Here!
While you're out enjoying our Earth, be sure to take pictures and leave only footprints behind. Stop by our office at 129 Main Street, Cold Spring Harbor to get a free Lucky to Live Here Realty recyclable shopping bag. Follow us on Instagram @LuckyToLiveHere and hashtag #LTLHEarthDay.
**PICK UP A FREE REUSABLE TOTE ALL WEEKEND AT ANY OF OUR OPEN HOUSES OR OFFICE!
1. Join Lucky to Live Here Realty at the Run for Caumsett 5K Run/Walk, sign up now for June 11th. The path of the race will begin by the junction by the stables and head east, taking runners through the historic and beautiful grounds of Caumsett. Refreshments will be provided to participants in the Walled Garden following the race. Each runner will receive a complimentary t-shirt. Up your social good quotient and become a sponsor/donor for this great event.
photos of Caumsett courtesy of Lucky to Live Here Realty
3. Learn about cleaning up your community and the environment! Family Earth Day Expo on 4/22 from 9AM to 1:00PM to learn about going Green. Learn about e-cycling, a green showcase, plastic bag recycling and a touch a truck event. Huntington is also sponsoring beach cleanups and flower plantings in May and June.
* May 6th is also "I Love My Park Day." There are 20 state parks on Long Island which will be participating including Caumsett State Park. Volunteers across the state join together to clean up park lands and beaches, plant trees and gardens, restore trails and wildlife habitats, remove invasive species and more. Register to keep our parks beautiful!
photo courtesy of CSH Fish Hatchery- Summer programs
5. Learn about fresh water ecosystems at the Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery & Aquarium then take a hike in the adjacent St. Johns Pond Preserve trail to explore some of Long Island's oldest forests. Sign up for Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery summer programs.
6. Learn and help wild birds and animals on Long Island. Check out the Theodore Roosevelt Sanctuary & Audobon Center in Oyster Bay ~ oldest songbird sanctuary in the U.S! Sign your kids up for their Summer Sanctuary Adventures. Learn more about Volunteers for Wildlife located in Locust Valley and sponsor an animal.
photo courtesy of the North Shore Land Alliance
7. Be informed and support local land conservation efforts of the North Shore Land Alliance including DeForest Williams and the Shore Road Restoration Project , both in Cold Spring Harbor. Register for the May 20th Natural World through Art program at Wawapek, Cold Spring Harbor.
9. Understand, appreciate and enjoy our local marine environment at The Waterfront Center in Oyster Bay.
10. Like our luckytolivehere facebook page and share this post with your friends ~ because we're not just passionate about selling houses, we're passionate about helping people discover what makes living here so special.