Celebrate Fall & 'National Pumpkin Day' (October 26th) with some great pumpkin picking ideas, hay rides, mazes and more in the Huntington/Five Harbors Area and beyond.
Find your perfect pumpkin at this quaint wooded lot which sells Christmas trees in the winter. Hayrides are available as well as a child corn maze.
- 1500 E Jericho Turnpike, Huntington, NY 11743
Find Otto the Ghost and share your pictures. Find a great pumpkin, pick a spooky plant, enjoy the beautiful fall plants and animals, or meet the farm animals.
- 100 Jericho Tpke, Westbury, NY 11590
photo courtesy of Hicks Nursery
Halloween sale, pumpkins and hay maze are tons of fun at this popular Huntington nursery.
- 475 Main Street, Huntington, NY 11743
photo courtesy of Heritage Farm & Garden
Choose from a wonderful assortment of fall plants and pumpkins. Also check for delicious goods from Jericho Cider Mill. Heritage Farm & Garden also has numerous related lectures and discussions related to fall gardening and plant care.
- 6050 Northern Blvd, East Norwich, NY 11732
Greet the large hay owl as you enter and enjoy choosing a pumpkin, the miniature hay maze or getting your picture taken in front of character backdrops.
- 223 Oakwood Road, Huntington, NY 11743
photo courtesy of Schmitt Family Farm
Enjoy pumpkin picking, hay rides, farm animals and even find Halloween decor. There is also a haunted mansion, 7-acre corn maze and Long Island’s largest straw pyramid. The Haunted Mansion and two other attractions become super spooky and are open from 7pm-11pm on certain days of the week.
- 26 Pinelawn Road, Melville, NY 11747
photo courtesy of White Post Farms
Choose your perfect pumpkin, enjoy a hayride and so much more! White Post Farm also includes great gifts and garden/home decor.
- 250 Old Country Road, Melville, NY 11747
Beyond The Five Harbors
Open daily with wine tasting, barnyard adventure, farm stand, pumpkin picking and more. Check all of their locations for special events and information.
- Multiple locations including Mattituck, Riverhead & Jamesport
photo courtesy of Helen's Greenhouses & Flower Farm
Helen's features U-Pick Pumpkins, fresh vegetables, mums, tractor & horse hay rides.
- 987 Union Avenue, Aquebogue, NY 11931
Featuring hay rides, house-made jams, salsas and dressings, haunted corn maze and barn, hay pit and plenty other things to keep all members of the family happy.
- 38030 Route 25, Peconic, NY 11958
photo courtesy of www.therestaurantsweb.com
Located in Aquebogue, Stakeys has something for the whole family including a flower shop, pumpkin picking, hay rides, corn maze, face painting, snack shop and more.
- 270 West Lane, Aquebogue, NY
Pumpkin Fun Facts
- Pumpkins can be grown on every continent except Antarctica
- United States produces about 1.5 billion pounds of pumpkins each year
- The largest pumpkin grown in North America is 2,145 pound pumpkin from Illinois. It was just shy of the current world record holder which is 2,323 pound pumpkin from Switzerland.
Stay a While:
Hello Fall! There’s so much to be excited about this time of year, whether it’s the be...
Let's get right into it... 1. Demand Is Strong: The latest Buyer Traffic Report fro...
May is National Burger Month and Huntington has many establishments with delicious craft b...